Monday, January 9, 2012

Tender Mercies Of The Lord



So like my friend Samalama I am jumping on the gratitude train, but I wasn't sure what format I would like to go with. Every day is daunting... I almost failed with the picture a day project, but luckily had a bit of time each day to post. (And I'm really glad I did it... lots of great memories captured.) So I think with this goal I will post once a week.

So here are the daily things I was grateful for in 2012:

Day 1: Sunday January 1, 2012: Being able to visit Carthage Jail with my aunt. It really was a wonderful way to start out the year. (I know that sounds morbid, but I will try to explain.) I was grateful to have that focus on my faith at the very start of the year, and I hope that will be a trend for me this year.

Day 2: Monday January 2, 2012: Today I was really grateful for workout videos. It was too cold to workout outside so I'm glad I had Billy Blank and Gillian Michaels to kick my behind!

Day 3: Tuesday January 3, 2012: I'm so grateful for my cousin Pat and his daughter Abby. They convinced me to try rock climbing... and I freaking love it! Now that does not mean I'm very good at it, but I do love it, and can't wait to try it again.

Day 4: Wednesday January 4, 2012:I am really grateful for pets. My aunt and uncle have a 6 month old Jack Russell Terrier named Maggie who is a giant love. She loves unconditionally and almost uncontrollably. And sometimes you need that smothery slobbery love.

Day 5: Thursday January 5, 2012: Today was awesome because there was a family dinner made by Granee Carol! Her cooking is amazing, and my family is hilarious. I really need to be closer to these people. They make me laugh, and really happy to be a Jagger.

Day 6: Friday January 6, 2012: Today I am grateful for church buildings. My grandparents drove me to see the Chicago temple,and on the way home they showed me the Catholic church that they attend. It was built in 1860 and it is a truly beautiful building. And it was awesome to share our beliefs and our faith.

Day 7: Saturday January 7, 2012: This is going to sound really strange, but I have to say I am grateful for airports. They are just the coolest place,and I love the feeling of knowing you're traveling. It always feels like I'm going on an adventure. Even if I'm just heading home.

So that is the first week, lets hope that posting once a week will make it easier to keep up the goal. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment