Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Swan Theives..... Eh


I just finished reading The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova. I have to say that while it was interesting I am still trying to figure out the point.The how and why these things are connected and why we needed the ENTIRE back story of someone and briefly tease with something that would connect 2 or more characters but then later kinda just fizzled and what seemed like it would be really important....well..... wasn't.  I am not an artist or an art enthusiast and I felt compelled to see the paintings mentioned in the story. Overall, I am not a fan of this book. It seemed to be pointless.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you have had another bad experience with Kostova. i was hoping this one would turn out better for you than 'the historian.'

    I am rereading the steaphanie books for fun. Although sadly not in any particular order, just whichever ones i can find at second hand book shops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Historian... I just got wrapped up in my life to finnish it.

    I love Stephanie!! I need to read some again for giggles.

    ReplyDelete