Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Samiee's POTD and new LOVE


Ok last fall I discovered a show on History called "Swamp People" it is a documentary style show about gator hunters in Louisiana. I was instantly hooked by this show! As a die hard animal lover I am both scared and interested in gators. Don't get me wrong... I know that these creatures have survived extinction, ice age and are modern day dinosaurs so they are definitely smarter than I am... so I respect them.

For as long as I can remember I have had a deep love for all things Cajun and southern.. my dream is to go to New Orleans walk down historic First Street, eat gumbo and mint juleps. I think in a past life I was a Southern Belle....


Ok so for work I was sent to Southern Florida where I was able to visit the EVERGLADES! I saw honest to goodness alligators in the wild and they where as amazing as I expected. Our tour guide was amazing! Very informative and he loves the Everglades. 20 or so years ago our guide rescued a gator he named Bob after a bad man tried to beat Bob within an inch of his life. Our guide spent 2 years rehabilitating Bob until he was fit enough to go back to the wild. Now, when Bob hears the guides voice he comes to him like a dog to their owner.... Not gonna lie I wanted to HUG Bob. However, Simone said No.... Sigh.... someday. So I settled for holding this wittle gator named Wally... and giving him a SMOOOCH ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment