Thursday, June 24, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love-as interpreted by Samiee

So I chose to read this book on a whim. I was experiancing and somewhat difficult time in my life. Changes where being made and I wasn't so sure what was going to happen next. Not that after reading this book am I any more certain about where things are going but I am def. feeling better about the mystery that lies ahead.

I was turned on to this book by a commerical for the movie based on the book. The single moment that I knew I had to drop everything and pick this up is when Julia Roberts (Liz) says, " I used to have this appetite for my life and it is just gone. I want to go some place where I can just marvel at something." That was it! right there! I am looking for that same appetite for my life!!

I honestly have no desire to move abroad. Instead I want to marvel and the many wonderful things and people I have around me already! I want to get back to being passionate about my martial arts training! Reading books that inspire me to be a better me!  I want to rid my life of those people that are toxic, even if I was blinded by just how toxic they are for me.

In this book Liz talks about her spiritual journey along with her many other journeys. I am not currently in a "spiritual crisis" instead I am in crisis of knowing what I want! Liz has inpired me to figure it out instead of waiting for it to find me!

1 comment:

  1. Good Book! Two any who read this blog you can clearly see that "Eat, Pray, Love" has two thumbs up in our books!

    ReplyDelete