Saturday, October 22, 2011

Isle of Arran, North Ayrshire, Scotland

While I was serving my mission in Scotland I had the chance of visiting the Isle of Arran twice. (My first and last area was Ayr and for a zone P-day we decided to adventure around Arran.)



There are beautiful trails and hikes to explore. There is also a fantastic cheese shop where you can taste all sorts of yummy cheeses.



One of my favorite hikes was up to Goat Fell, the highest point on the island. At the peak there are some incredible views.



The other great walk/trail that I had the privilege of going on was Glenashdale Falls. Absolutely beautiful and worth the time.



Overall the Isle of Arran is a lovely island that is worth a visit, if you are in the area. It even has a cute little charity shop that has some decent finds.

It is a perfect day trip adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment