Saturday, October 8, 2011

Chilham, Kent, England

My first postcard entry is the village I lived in while I was studying at the University of Kent- Canterbury campus. CHILHAM! Man I love this place.






This little village has some wonderful walks, and some wonderful people. They also have some good places to eat. Shelly's Tea Room in the village square is the best place to have a scone and a pot of tea (mint or chamomile tea for me). It is such a cute and perfect setting for an English tradition. The food is also wonderful and is very reasonably priced.

Another great place to have a meal is The Woolpack Inn. Now the prices are a bit more expensive, but the bar bite portion of the menu is really reasonable and really yummy! I recommend the bangers and mash.

Right near our home was the Badger Hill Farm and Cidery. It has all sorts of animals to see and gawk at. It's a great place to bring the kiddies.

Chilham is a wonderful place, and one I would recommend visiting. Honestly go experience it for the day!

1 comment:

  1. *Sigh* One of the greatest tragedies of my life is not being able to spend time with you in Chilham.

    ReplyDelete