Monday, January 31, 2011

The grass isn't always greener.... or is it?

My horoscope the other day said , "People may try and burst your bubble by making you feel like the grass is greener on the other side. Sit back and realize that the grass is just as green as you need it to be in the very spot where you are sitting."

This really, really spoke to me. Especially because at the time I was sitting in a hotel room in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I had just returned from having dinner and drinks with my co-worker/partner. It had been an especially crappy day for me at work. I hadn't sold much on what was expected to be the busiest day of the whole expo. It wasn't for lack of trying on my part but it was what it was. This is just what I needed to hear while being so far from home.

These days while being on the road traveling from expo to expo I think about the following things: closest free wifi, cell reception and the nearest restaurant/grocery store. While I am just getting started at this new endeavor I have these fleeting thoughts about whether I made the right choice. Should I have taken the standard 9-5 desk job because it is the "safe" choice? Because it guarantees a steady income and health insurance? Or do I take the path that is less certain?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this alama. I needed to hear something like that. The grass is green where I am and I need to stay positive instead of always thinking of what if.

    How is this new job going for you? What were the motivations for your taking this job? I gues those would be the questions I would ask myself, on whether I did the right thing or not.

    But honestly you are amazing Samiee, and I know you'll do what you know to be right. Cuz you're awesome like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad this spoke to you too. I sent you a looong email abt this new job. I think I am happy, well I am happier that is. Although it isn't hard to be happier than I was before.

    ReplyDelete